Old versionsSee all
Efficient Calendar is an electronic calendar to help you remember all your important tasks and events. It allows you to switch among daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly views, and to divide your tasks into sub-tasks. You can also assign priority levels to them, attach files to your tasks and events, and group all related tasks, to mention but a few key features.
The program's user interface is elegant and visually attractive. However, it packs all its sections and views in the same window, which makes it a bit hard to understand at first. It may take anybody a while to get familiar with all those features and functions. On the left side of the interface you have a list of shortcuts to all the program's sections – Today, Calendar, Events, Tasks, Search, and Recycle Bin. “Today” displays all the pending events and tasks for the next days, while “Calendar” shows only the events for the day. In this section you can change the view from daily to yearly mode.
“Events” and “Tasks” are very similar, and they allow you to add, edit or delete events and tasks – respectively – for a specific day. When you add a new event, you need to specify a subject, a location, start and end dates and time, the importance level, and – optionally – some comments. If you are adding a new task, you can also manage a completion percentage and activate a reminder for it. In both cases you can attach files, specify whether the item is recurrent or not, and add additional rich-text format comments using an embedded WYSIWYG editor.
Finally, the “Search” section lets you find specific tasks very accurately – certainly a helpful feature once you have added lots of tasks on a number of dates. The “Recycle Bin” section provides a temporal storage for the deleted tasks, until you decide to restore them or to delete for good. All the sections mentioned include helpful specific parameters, shortcuts, and filtering options.
- Elegant and visually attractive user interface
- Includes eight user interface skins
- Supports twenty-nine interface languages
- Allows you to select a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly view for your calendar
- Supports attaching files and adding comments to your tasks and events
- You can manage completion percentages for your tasks
- You can program remainders for your tasks
- It may take anybody a while to get familiar with all the sections and functions of the program
- The Calendar section displays only the events, but not the pending tasks for the day